Mr. Bubble still alive....

Discussion in 'Other Games Events' started by TXtourplayer, Jun 25, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Last Jan. Joep was knocked out on the bubble at the IP Poker tournament in LV. As of ten minutes ago he is still in the tournament currently going on at the IP. :eek:

They are down to 20 players and Joep is still alive and well. :eek:

First prize is $60,000, only 19 more to beat Joep, or should I say Mr. Bubbles...LOL :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2006
  2. TXtourplayer

Mr. Bubble at the final table...

Well I was just about to sit down for dinner when Joep called to tell me he had made it to the final 14 players at the IP tourney.

Just as I was finishing dinner I received another call from Joep telling me he had made the final table.

Nice going Joep! I will post updates on the final table as he calls me.

3. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

MR Bubbles

WTG JP and thanks for the up-date Big Tex. Set the date for the next cruise tournament ?

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

No More Bubble Boy

Just to let you know I have lost my " Bubble Boy " title .I wound up in 5th place over all :) at the Imperial Palace 100,000 Poker Tournament

Thanks to our roving reporter TEX for giving on the spot almost live
    updates from the IP .

In a side note the IP returned 102 % of all entry fees .This is a shame that they are going to close this place in the near future .They always return all of the money in all of their tournaments and sometimes more like today.

Joep

5. TXtourplayer

Mr. Bubbles does well!

Well Mr. Bubbles ended up 5th over all to win over $5,200 on his $10 investment, not to shabby.

Way to go Joep, or I guess now you'll be Mr. Bubbles...LOL.

6. noman

noman Top Member

IP Poker

Congrats to the former bubble boy.

Now does this mean you'll be entering at least five WSOP events?

Any place bets? At a discount?

7. TXtourplayer

Satellites pay off...

Joep got in the IP tournament through a $60 satellite, won that and got a seat for the IP plus $50 cash back so his total investment was $10 for a shot at almost $60,000 today.

This is what is so nice about the satellite format and why we need it so bad in blackjack.

8. elyssez

elyssez Member

Congratulations on your win! You did great!

9. Joep

Joep Active Member

Thank You Elyssez !!

Joep

10. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Any idea of when they are closing the IP and why?

PS I live in Florida - voting capital of the US - Flori-duh!:joker:

11. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

IP Closing

As I believe I posted about a month ago, my sources tell me that the IP will close about a year from now - June or July 2007.

Chips

12. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

So their tournament in December should still be on????

Any reason why the're closing.

13. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Ip

Harrah's bought the place about a year or so ago for the land. When they bought it they made it clear that the IP would be demolished. From what I heard from a suit at Harrah's, their long term plans are to expand and/or renovate the Flamingo. The expanded Flamingo will be where the IP sets today. That's just one of several stories going around. Only time will tell.

14. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Imperial Palace

Two others I've "heard" are to 1) level both the IP and O'Sheas and have that area for shopping, rather than gaming, and 2) keep the structure and re-brand it as a Horseshoe. I have also heard that they will be constructing some sort of by-pass or conduit to handle the "Flamingo Wash".

The December tourney is still on their schedule...but who knows?

Chips

15. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Imperial Palace

I am here at the IP for a tourney now. The December Blackjack tournament is being advertised on their "Events List" (as are all their other events posted at the beginning of the year). Word is now that they will stay open through the end of 2007/beginning of 2008, so perhaps we can look forward to at least three more blackjack tournaments there.

Chips

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006