On the button, at a two advance table

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by KenSmith, Nov 16, 2019.

1. KungFox

KungFox Member

For the last two hands, in Europe, you're usually given TWO minutes time to think your bet AND your play through. When a significant prize is at stake, I'd always use this precious time and bother doing all these maths. After a certain amount of practice, the occurrences discussed above come to mind nearly automatically, like Ken said.

2. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

LUCKY FOR YOU, my friend! If I had 120 secs to calculate all the high/low scenarios I could easily come up with an ideal bet; but that's not the case here in the U.S.! We are given the same time for each hand although they do allot for a few more seconds on final hand but definitely not 2 mins!

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Yes, this is a reasonable shortcut. It automatically covers the scenario where BR1 doesn't want to overbet his lead. In that case, you get minimum second high.
    (Your $500 + $205 = $705. His $600 + $95 = $695)

It also lets the "rule of 2" kick in, which means you can still double to retake the high if BR1 makes an optimal bet behind you.
    (Your $500 + $205 + $205 = $ 910. His $600 + $300 = $900.)

4. BughouseMaster

Hmm... so what if he were to take the DD high over me though, by betting > $310 to edge me out even if I win a DD bet? Then just have to hope dealer beats us no?

5. BughouseMaster

Seems there's always something we're "hoping" to happen, eh? Either that dealer breaks or dealer naturalsâť—