Pai Gow Tourneys?

Discussion in 'Other Games Tournament Strategy' started by Bogart45, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Bogart45

Bogart45 New Member

Does anyone here do Fortune Pai Gow Tourneys? What is the best strategy that you've used? I'd like to learn how to play this but I couldn't find any info on Pai Gow tourney strategy on the internet.

Thanks.

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Tournament formula

The best formula for tournament betting is to always start off with small bets until you need to bet bigger.

Just simple tournament betting 101.

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I know we have some members that play these occasionally in Mississippi, so hopefully they'll chime in with some ideas.

The one characteristic of Pai Gow Poker that is very important for tournament strategy is the fact that so many hands push. It's crucial to take that into account for your late betting strategy. If you need to catch up, you can't wait too long. If you're in the lead, you can more comfortably afford to take the low, as long as you are able to not overbet your lead.

4. Walt

Walt New Member

Pai Gow tourneys

Have the lead or bust out! As Ken points out, you cannot wait long. Personally, I go for the lead around hand six (generally, there only 15 hands per round). Because of the push factor, it is difficult to lose with the lead on the final hand. And really difficult to win without it. My goal is a half bet lead over BR2. Refer to Wong's tournament strategy book. There is a section on Pai Gow that gives you all the needed info.

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Which Way Do I Go

Hmm Rick says bet small. Walt say have the lead or bust out trying .Which way do I go ? Hey Walt see you in the winners circle !!!!

6. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Still play small early

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll take my chances betting minimum bets for the first half of the round or until I have to chase someone.

I can't see risking my chips early in any tournament, unless I am starting with $100,000 or more in chips, then you have enough bankroll to play with.

My personal perferance is to be chased instead of chasing and the odds are always with the house starting out.

7. Joep

Joep Active Member

Chase

If you bet small you will always have to chase someone.Yet you say you rather be chased then do the chasing.So which one is it.Remember in a Tournament you are not playing against the house but against the other players.Chasing in a Pai-Gow Tournament is not a good thing to many pushes.......

8. cpitboss31

cpitboss31 New Member

Pai Gow Tournament Stratagey

Try Wizardofodds.com

9. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

WizardOfOdds.com is a tremendous resource, but I am unaware of any pai gow tournament information there.

Prediction: As a new user posting a poorly researched reply on a thread from 4 years ago, I suspect that cpitboss31 will be back adding links to his signature as his sole purpose here. We'll see.

10. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Craps Anyone?

How about Craps tournaments? What's the best approach to use in them?
    Thanks in advance!

Billy C

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009