Poker blogger describes British Championship of Blackjack

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by KenSmith, Jun 3, 2008.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Thanks for posting that, Ken. Interesting read. TBJ from a poker player's perspective.

I particularly liked this line:

"I have to say the skill involved in this is probably a lot higher than in a poker tournament."

Can't argue with that!

3. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Thanks Ken

I seem to keep finding out about these events just after they've happened!

Although, it sounds from the write-up like I might not have enjoyed taking part; with the poker-inspired chip rebuys/addons and the anything-goes attitude to the rules.

4. TheLegend

TheLegend Member

i agree

"I have to say the skill involved in this is probably a lot higher than in a poker tournament. Tournament BJ strikes me as extremely technical and I know I must have made plenty of mistakes. Of course, everybody else in the competition played even worse so I guess I had a vague edge."

I have been preaching this for years........tournament blackjack reigns supreme over a nl holdem event.......sadly i must keep playing holdem online because online tournament blackjack is dead.........oh for the days of a good ol stardust (cant believe i said that name) blackjack tournament.....

those were the days

5. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Is it? What makes you say that?

Ironically, I read your post at 4:30am, having stayed up to play in an online tournament that started at 3:00am. TBJ not dead, but in danger of killing me! :)