Pre-cruise Activities/Day Cruises

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by gflan, May 10, 2006.

1. tgun

tgun Member

Holiday Inn Express

We just checked into the motel where most cruisers are staying. They said that they overbooked rooms for Friday night. Rooms will be filled on a first come basis. But if you don't get here on time they will put you up at a nearby Holiday Inn for free.

Hope everyone has a safe trip.

See you all tomorrow.

tgun (Tom & Jan)

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

We made it...

Well after a few wrong turns when managed to make it to the hotel and then I played taxi for rest of the evening...LOL

I offered to pick up a few players flying in since I drove (had to bring the tables and equipment), I couldn't believe my good luck, all 3 players were coming in just 3 minutes a part and on different airlines.

So as I thought I would just have a simple pick turned into a 3 hour nightmare. The first flight was delayed over two hours, the 2nd flight delayed 30 minutes and so I had to end up transporting players from the airort to the hotel and back again. At least we finally got everybody here safe and sound.

We load up for the cruise tomorrow and start play on Sunday, I will try and post the results each night.

As soon as I get back home I will start planning next years blackjack cruise (sometime around end of May/1st of June from Galveston, TX).

We have even discussed holding next years BJ cruise as one of the "Tournament Players Tour" events.

This year I decided to offer a special gift for the winners of the 3 main tournaments. Instead of trophies I will award a 500 peice poker chip set and case to the winners of each event.

3. noman

noman Top Member

Cruise:

Good Fortune. Good Fun. Good Sun. To All.

But hey TX:

Save one of the poker chip sets for the good folks holding the post cruise tournaments at their house. Somehow,(not hard for me) I lost under which category that was posted. But anyone willing to continue the mayhem, like listening to "Off My Cloud" with their ear plastered to the 70 foot speaker, over and over and over and over again......well they deserve more than a handshake and a ramshakle house once reality rears its ugly head.