Re-structured TBJPA/TBT payouts

Discussion in 'Tournament Blackjack Players Association' started by TXtourplayer, Oct 14, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

After much discussion with the TBJPA board of advisor’s, the TBJPA has decided to re-structure our payouts. Starting with the November Tropicana events, based on the number of entries for each event.

The change will only be made if a TBJPA/TBT event has less than fifty entries, in which case the semi-finalist payouts will be cut and that percentage will be evenly distributed between the finalists.

Awarding semifinalists with less than fifty entries just dilutes both the finalist and semifinalist prize pool.

Now the TBJPA still believes that deeper payouts are important and still willing to award them in amounts worthwhile for the players. However receiving about 1/6 of the orignal entry for making a semifinal table just doesn’t make sense.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Tropicana payouts (guess-a-mit)

I was asked to figure out how much the prize money may be based on 100 entries with majority re-buying.

Based on a 100 entries my best guess for the Tropicana payouts would be around the following amounts:

1st = $14,000
    2nd = $ 8,500
    3rd = $ 6,500
    4th = $ 4,400
    5th = $ 2,200
    6th = $ 1,300

7th - 18th = $425 each

Now this is just a guess and based on 100 entries as I posted above, no one knows how many entries and re-buys we will have until the day of the tournaments. We could have more or less, so the prizes listed above are not guaranteed and are just a breakdown of possible prizes.