Rick's Picks

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by TXtourplayer, Sep 3, 2009.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Dallas on the road...

First off Farve has always has had trouble beating the Dallas Cowboys. Next the way Dallas defence has been playing and getting in on younger more mobile quarterbacks does play way for Farve. The last time Farve played against Dallas, the defence knock him out of the game.

Farve has always been a GREAT QB, but it is well doucumented that when he gets rattled with contant pressure he has a tendances to make bad decisions and poor passes. And I think that is going to be the case on Sunday.

I think unless Adrain Peterson has a great game that Dallas may not only win the game, but win by two scores or more.

2. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

I'm not qualified!

Ouch!------------Tex DOUBLE OUCH!!!!!!!

I'll refrain from making any more picks right now because of my incompetency!

Billy C

3. TXtourplayer

All for fun Billy C.

San Diego misses 3 FG's to lose at home and Dallas was suppose to play Minnesota but never showed up...:-(

Both my Superbowl picks are out of the playoffs now, so now I'd like to see a Farve/Manning match up for the big game. See two of the great quarterbacks to ever play the game go head to head.

4. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Picks

You were just sucked into thinking the Cowgirls could play with the Vikings AT the Dome. That's like doubling-down on a hard 16 against the dealer Ace. The four best teams from start to finish have been the Colts, Saints, Vikings, and Chargers. Three of the four will be playing Sunday. It's extremely hard to turn it on and off, but the Colts and Saints have been able to do that so far.

5. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

What Now?

How do you see Sunday's games (Schultzy, Tex and others)?????

Billy C

6. maxwell

maxwell Member

Championships

I think i like the dogs in both games
    i like having the better kicker with the vikings in a close a game and do not forget the 4th down conversions for the vikings at 71.4 % and the kicker at 90 percent field goal:d:d
    N ORLEANS KICKER 66.7 AT HOME

4th down conversions for the jets 90.9 percent
    i just hope that the defence shows up:d:d

I LIKE THE DOGS-BET LATE FOR ANY SPREAD MOVE FOR MORE

7. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Today's games

I think the two best plays of the day might be the over/unders. Personally, I think the oddsmakers have missed on both of these games. The OVER 40 in the Colts/Jets game and the UNDER 53 1/2 in the Saints/Vikings game look like good plays.

Let's hope that the Vikings game lives up to the billing. Will be interesting to see if the Vikings can keep the crowd out of the game. The X-factor for the Vikings is TE Visanthe Schiancoe. He needs to have a big game!

Saints X-factor is Reggie Bush. Had his best game of the season last week AND the last time he faced the Vikings he returned two punts for TD's.

8. TXtourplayer

Championship games

I am hoping for a Farve/Manning Superbowl, but a Brees/Manning wouldn't be that bad either.

9. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Deja Vu

The last two times the Packers played in NFC Championship games, Favre did the same thing (against Giants in 08 and Eagles in 06?). He threw interceptions to end both of those games so we didn't see anything new.
    Also, you can't be the "best" running back in the game if you can't hang on to the football any better than AP did!
    Now I'd like to see the Saints win SB but can't bet against Peyton Manning.

Billy C

10. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Alot of the early money is going on the Colts. They opened as four point favorites and it's already moved to 5 1/2 points. The over/under is at 56 1/2, that's the highest total EVER for a Super Bowl game. Will be interesting to see which way that line moves.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010