Site review

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by KenSmith, Jan 9, 2005.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I'm experimenting with a new look for my other site BlackjackInfo.com.

Today I went live with a new version of the main page, and I'm planning to switch all the other pages to the same look over the next few days.

If you're bored, have a look and let me know what you think of the changes.
    The new version:
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/

The old version:
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/index_old.php

The new version is more adaptable to various size browser screens, and it's a little faster to download.

2. Drbass

Drbass Member

I like the new site format better

HI Ken,

Just checked out both your old and new sites (I had never visited either before) - and like the new format better. Much more visually interesting and seems a littler easier to navigate.

Looking forward to checking it out often.

3. Snapper

Snapper New Member

New site vs. old

I like the new site better too. Putting a real-person face up front plus the conversational writing style personalizes the site; I think it gives a better overall first impression to new visitors.

4. tgun

tgun Member

new is better

I like the personal touch of the new site. Keep up the good work, your improvements are appreciated.
    tgun

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to compare the two. One of my goals was to establish a more personal approach, which I hope will increase the trust factor of new visitors. I'll have to watch over time to see if that impacts visitor counts and sales rates.

I hope to transition all the other pages on the site to the new look over the next few days.

Thanks again, -Ken-

6. Like It.

Ken,I like the new site. Thanks for all information you provide us, sure do appreciate it.

Take Care...
    Capt. BlackJack

7. Kalex21

Kalex21 New Member

love it

ken, i dig both the old and the new. i'm playing in my first tournament next week, and i know all of the information gleaned from you and all of your contributors will be of great advantage. kisses to the pros and disses to the hoes. wish me luck!!

8. oneeyedjacks

oneeyedjacks New Member

Old Technology

My old, slow ten year old computer loaded the page just fine.