Super Bowl Winner

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by gflan, Jan 10, 2005.

1. gflan

gflan New Member

OK guys, the Betcom superbowl prop bet is due in 4 days or less and I have NO idea who to pick. I have to pick the Super Bowl winner and there are futures odds associated with each pick. So for all you sports bettors, who should I go with?

Thanks.
    gflan

2. Joep

Joep Active Member

Afc

The AFC Conference is 7 point favorite as of Sunday to win the Suoer Bowl so if you have to pick a conference without any points the AFC will give you an edge.We all know everyone on this site is ALWAYS looking for an edge.So why not you GFLAN .If it has to a specific team Your best bet is either NE or IND i think the winner of that game wins the Super Bowl.Since i havent been asked to leave a Sports Book yet dont bet to much on my picks they still think im a sucker there. :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  3. gflan

gflan New Member

Heck it's a FREE pick

Thanks JoeP! You know I'm not afraid to ask those of you who know more than I do about anything. My sister and brother-in-law say Steelers all the way (also AFC) so now I have to throw a dart and pick an AFC team - LOL! Looking forward to seeing your smiling face on the tube in a couple of weeks -no more head in your hands I hope.

4. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Point spread?

Gflan are you using any point spread or just picking a team straight up?

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I believe this is a 'futures' bet, where she has to pick the team only, and gets odds.

6. gflan

gflan New Member

I'm supposed to call for odds

But using the odds posted on the website...
    Jets 29-1
    Vikings 29-1
    Rams 23-1
    Steelers 19-10
    Falcolns 10-1
    Colts 4-1
    Pats 4-1
    Eagles 3-1

Still undecided, I just want the winner!

7. TXtourplayer

Pick best "D"

Defence win's championships is the old saying. I am just trying to see who has the best "D" left in the playoff's.

New England: is without Ty Law!

Indy: has a weak "D", but killer Offence.

Pitt: is not bad, but has a rookie QB, (Even though he hasn't lost a game).

NY Jets: to unpredictable.

Phil: Didn't try the last 2-3 weeks and without TO, can they turn it back on?

I think the rest are really long shots to win.

If I had to pick one I would go with New England becuase of their coach and the fact they have been there before.

8. TXtourplayer

Who did you take?

New England looked pretty good last week against a very good Indy offence. After last week I stand back my NE pick!

9. gflan

gflan New Member

Steelers All the Way!

I finally decided to go with Pittsburgh because I mistakenly figured they'd walk into the AFC championship game and I thought last weekend's Colts-Pats match-up would be more of a toss-up. Shows how little I know!
    It will be fun watching the games this weekend...did anyone ever figure out a way to do Superbowl Squares? I asked Betcom if they did and they said no, not yet.

10. TXtourplayer

Destiny

Who know after last week the Steelers may be a team of Destiny. They were very lucky to excape those last two field goal try's by the Jets.

For your sake I hope they do win it all. Good Luck!

11. New England.

I am going with the New England Patriots and they are favored by 7.5 I know that is alot of points to give up in the Super Bowl but with the Coach and defense, I'm going with it. Good Luck to all tomorrow.

Take care...
    Capt. BlackJack :D

12. Prospect

Prospect Member

Philadelphia +7.5

I thought 7 was the right line. So, with the extra hook, I am taking Philadelphia. The public money has been hitting New England big time, hence, the line continues to have an upward bias.

Remember, this is just ONE game. Don't bet any more than you would in a regular season game.

13. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

TXTourPlayer Poker Wives

Rick, I played in a free roll texas hold em tournament tonight and went broke for $5,000 + going all in with 3 Jacks after the flop to a lady named TX_ Beth, is she your wife, she is a Queen and had 3 Queen's which sent me home.

14. selecticom

selecticom New Member

New England made it!

Rick, I owe you a beer or two!

As someone quite far away from American football and not having a clue which team to choose for my Betcom propositional bet, I simply stole the advice you gave gflan. :D

Good choice! *clapping on my own shoulder*

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  15. TXtourplayer

Congrat's on your win

Don't forget Joep also posted NE as his favorite as well.

Glad you won some money on the game. Are you going to play Global-Player BJ tournaments on Wed.?

And Rookie, NO! I don't know TX_Beth, my wife is named Bobbie and she is not a gambler (Thank God...LOL). Sorry to hear about your bad beat, better luck next time.

16. selecticom

selecticom New Member

Cheers and beers

I guess I can afford one or two more beers.
    However, that will take me quite to the break-even, considering that I had to buy in twice in that tournament ($100) and my expenses yesterday (about $50 bill in the bar where I had to watch the game plus taxi ride home afterwards). So my net win is $50 plus a headache.

I'm not sure about the first one - maybe I'm not home on time, but definitely for the second, the important one, I'll be there!

17. TXtourplayer

Good luck Wed. night

Don't worry about getting me a any drinks, I am just glad I could help. Good luck Wed. night.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005