Swim with the Dolphins, try this again...LOL

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by TXtourplayer, Jun 2, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I am taking Bobbie (my wife) to swim with the Dolphins either in Costa Maya or Cozumel, not sure which one yet. Anyone else going on the cruise is more then welcome to join us, the more the merrier.

Does anyone know anything about either location?

Any help or input would be helpful.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Not taking the bait…lol

Rick.

Did I ever tell you the one about the blackjack millionaire who kept two great white sharks in his swimming pool?

As you are well aware Ken Smith did not find it funny and threw me off the site for 3 days over it so my dolphin/shark jokes are now over.

I think that this is a thread that I should give a miss.

I hope you and Bobbie enjoy the experience.

Andy :joker:

3. TXtourplayer

LOL, no problem

No problem Andy, your joke didn't bother me, it wasn't a big deal.

By the way keep this September/October open for a possible trip to Washington state? Rumors are you may get to visit your sister in law and meet a few of the BJ players on the same visit, keep your fingers crossed!

4. TXtourplayer

Thanks Dr. Bass

Dr. Bass suggested that we go see the Mayan pyramids in Costa Maya and then go swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel. He told me the pyramids can only be seen there and are worth seeing.

5. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

October

Tex,

Its my brother in law that lives on Mercer Island Seattle.

Any date after the 24th September 2007 up untll October 2007 will do.

Andy :)

6. TXtourplayer

Correction

It wasn't that you could only see the Mayan temples/pyramids in Costa Maya, only that it was easier to get to see them from there then Cozumel.

7. tgun

tgun Member

Mayan ruins

Rick,

Cozumel has Mayan ruins but not pyramids. I believe that Dr. Bass is correct in saying that Costa Maya is closer to some pyramids than Cozumel. From Cozumel you would have to get off the ship at Playa Del Carman or take the ferry to the mainland then travel several miles to the nearest pyramids.

Wish we were going with you guys. Good luck to all of you and have a safe trip.

Rick, I have never paid the $100 fee to swim with the Dolphins but I've watched at various locations in Cozumel and Cancun. I think it is all about the same everywhere.

tgun

8. roandmo9300

roandmo9300 New Member

Swim with the dolphins!

I was informed that Lorena was gonna swim with dolphins also! We were gonna do that on the last cruise! I think we're wanting to go this time!

~Mo~

9. TXtourplayer

Bobbie wants to go...

We missed doing it the last two years (swimming with the dolphins), but this year I'm making sure I have it set up in advance. Bobbie has wanted to do it for years and I'm making sure she gets to this trip.

I hope we can get several others as well, I think it will really be a lot of fun.

And yes, Lorena and Tim are wanting to go with us and you and Mo are more then welcome to join us.

10. roandmo9300

roandmo9300 New Member

Sounds great! We'll let you know for sure soon!

11. AKdogmusher

AKdogmusher New Member

If you really want to have a blast...

If you really want to have a blast...try water skiing behind the ship.

You will need to provide your own skis and rope, they can tell you how much rope you need (and of course you must sign a waiver), but it is well worth it. You just need to contact the activities director of your ship in advance so they can arrange for a follow boat (so you'll need to ski near a port of call).

12. roandmo9300

roandmo9300 New Member

Are you kidding me? That is crazy!

13. TXtourplayer

Swimming with the Dolphins was GREAT!!!!

That was a blast! That was the first time most of us had gotten to swim with the Dolphins and it was well worth the wait.

We didn't book through Carnival, but went through Shore Trips for less money and a longer and better swim.

Our swim included the Dolphin pull and push. The push was really fun having them push the bottom of your feet and pushing you out of the water.

I suggest the Dolphin swim to all going on the January cruise.