TBJPA Oct. 2008 cruise

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (Other areas)' started by TXtourplayer, May 1, 2008.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Just set up our next cruise, it will be Oct. 25th - 30th, 2008 for 5 days Western Caribbean cruise out of Tampa Bay, FL.

We will travel to the Cayman Islands and Cozemel and host two main tournaments and as always several smaller ones and sit and goes.

Tammy Edney (Themom82) will be posting more information later.

2. Springbac

Springbac Member

Those dates will work for me, & I will only be about 40 miles away from the port since I will be spending the winter in Lakeland, FL:)

3. themom82

themom82 New Member

Blackjack Cruise V Info

I am themom82 (Tammy Edney) of Exclusively Yours Travel Services. I am the travel agent handling the next Tournament Blackjack Players Association Cruise V out of Tampa, Fl.

The following is a the information on the cruise:

The Cruise will be on October 25 - 31, 2008 on Carnivals Inspiration. This 5-day cruise will be departing from Tampa, FL with stops at Grand Cayman Island and Cozumel, Mexico.

Here is a little information to help you decide which category you would like to book.

Categories 4A and 4C Interior staterooms are 185 square feet.

Categories 6A and 6C Ocean view staterooms are 185 square feet.

Category 11 Balcony Suites are 220 square feet on the Verandah deck. These suites have a queen bed and a twin sofa sleeper (they will only accommodate 3 people). These large suites have a separate sitting area and a 30 square foot private balcony. Special features include a large vanity/dressing table, refrigerator and entertainment area. None of these suites connect via the room or balcony.

Category 12 Penthouse Suites are 330 square feet on the Upper deck. These suites have two lower beds that can convert to a king bed, a double sofa sleeper and can also have a rollaway bed for up to 5 people per suite. These extra-large suites have a separate sitting area and a 70 square foot balcony. Special features include a large vanity/dressing table, refrigerator and entertainment area, VCR, whirlpool bath and walk in closet. A few of these suites are connecting rooms.

All the rates below also include a $75.00 per cabin stateroom credit. :cheers:

*NOTE: all taxes and fees are included in the pricing. However entry fees for the blackjack tournaments will be charged separately once on the ship.

Double rates are as follows:
    4A - Interior - $506.78 per person

4C - Interior - $556.78 per person

6A - Ocean view - $576.78 per person

6C - Ocean view - $656.78 per person

11 - Balcony Suite - $996.78 per person

12 - Penthouse Suite - $1,196.78 per person

Single, Third and Fourth person rates on requst.

Payment information is as follows:

First deposit of $50.00 per person for double occupancy Interior or Ocean view staterooms or $300.00 per person for suites or triple/quad staterooms is due at time of booking. Second deposit of $250.00 per person is due June 23, 2008.

Final payment is due by August 20, 2008.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Tammy Edney "themom82"
    Exclusively Yours Travel Services
    Denison: 903-464-0031
    Dallas: 214-233-1386
    Toll Free: 866-562-3723
    Fax: 903-464-9971
    email - blackjackcruise3@msn.com

Take A Vacation From Planning Your Vacation
    Relax....
    Let Us Carry You Away!

:band: :celebrate :cheers:

4. TXtourplayer

Cruise tournaments

I've been asked about the cruise tournaments, here is a quick rundown of the events.

1. The TBJPA will be hosting (2) main events, both during "Sea Days". There are no scheduled tournaments while we are in port. These events normally have prize pools of around $9,000 or above.

2. The entry is $300 for each of these event and we do offer up to 3 re-buys per player. Since we are on a vacation besides playing in tournament the TBJPA offers a reduced structure for these re-buys. First re-buy is $150, 2nd = $100, 3rd = $50.

3. Two players advance from every table minimun, until the finals.

4. Sit & Go are offered nightly. We also offer smaller tournament if the players are interested. These cruises tournaments are designed for the players and other than the 2 main tournaments, players vote on what they want to play for in the smaller events, (from $5 to $200 entry fees).

5. All prize money is paid in cash (all entry fees and re-buys are paid in cash as well).

6. For TBJPA tournament format and rules you may checkout prior threads.

*PLEASE NOTE: If I didn't answer your question, please feel free to contact me for more information, (please only those players who are really interested in going on the cruise).

5. TXtourplayer

Not part of the TBJPA

The previous post is not part of the TBJPA, nor the TBJPA cruise.

6. themom82

themom82 New Member

First Deposit Due ASAP

Anyone planning on going on the October 25, 2008 cruise out of Tampa please let me know ASAP. Carnival needs the 1st deposit of $50.00 per person. If we don't get the 1st deposit within the next week I will have to start releasing space and the rates will go up. The 2nd deposit is still due by June 23, 2008, so if you like you can pay the full deposit of $300.00 per person and not have to worry any more until the final payment is due on August 20, 2008.

This is going to be a great time for all, so don't miss the boat, book today.

If you have any questions or to make a booking please call me at toll free 866-562-3723 or email me at blackjackcruise3@msn.com.

Tammy Edney "themom82"
    Exclusively Yours Travel Services
    Denison: 903-464-0031
    Dallas: 214-233-1386
    Toll Free: 866-562-3723
    Fax: 903-464-9971
    Email - blackjackcruise3@msn.com

Take A Vacation From Planning Your Vacation
    Relax....
    Let Us Carry You Away!

7. TXtourplayer

Cayman Island cruise tournaments

Hi all, the next TBJPA cruise will be sailing from Tampa Bay this October going to the Cayman lands and Cozumel.

We will be hosting two major tournaments, plus all the additional sit & go events and we normally throw a couple of more $100 entry fee events as well, so you'll have plenty of tournaments to play in over the 5 day cruise. Hope to see you on the cruise in October.

Rick

8. TXtourplayer

October TBJPA Cruise update...

I was just informed by Tammy Edney (TheMom82), the travel agent for TBJPA that the October scheduled cruise had to be canceled due to Carnival not allowing us extentions this time.

soon as I find another cruise line and date.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  9. sirklas

sirklas Member

International Cruise

Hi Rick,

nice prices. Planing to be in the US in whole October. So I guess I will appear q this years cruise :)

All the best from Germany,

sirklas :)

10. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Hey Klas

St. Ignace has a tourney in October if your in the area.
    -Dan

(sorry Tx, don't mean to highjack your post)

11. sirklas

sirklas Member

tyty!!!

Hi Dan,

thanks for the info. Maybe (if there will also be some poker action) I will visit St. Ignace again. Still have bad memories of the last time, when they took away like 30 % of my winnngs without right. We`ll see.

Bye for now, sirklas

12. TXtourplayer

Cruise cancelled

Sirklas, if you go back and see my last post (before yours) I posted that we had to cancel the October cruise because they wouldn't give us an extention.

I was working on booking another cruise after the first of the year, but due to several personal issues I've had to put the cruise on hold.