This weekend's Golden Nugget Las Vegas BJT Winner....

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by PitchMan, Aug 18, 2019.

1. PitchMan

PitchMan Top Member

Congrats are in order to another member of our blackjacktournaments.com community. The big winner was busy at the time counting his money but I got word late today from Moses that AZSKY won the Golden Nugget Las Vegas Blackjack tournament. Good job AZSKY!

LeftNut, Trouble, gronbog and 3 others like this.
  2. johnr

johnr Top Member

Congrats AZSKY

george likes this.
  3. george

george Top Member

way to go AZSKY that's a nice win...you must have got lucky :);):eek::rolleyes:

johnr likes this.
  4. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

I'm not familiar with the "AZSKY handle" but if I'm right, and it's my friend from Arkansas, congrats to you buddy!

Billy C

johnr likes this.
  5. noman

noman Top Member

Congrats for the win at a competitive tourney.

AZSKY likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Member

Congrats to the Winner!! Is this Sky, from AZ ??? Met him at Oklahoma past 2 tournaments.

AZSKY likes this.
  7. johnr

johnr Top Member

That is for AZSKY to answer, you can leave a private message to her or him. I played with AZSKY at the Caesers tournament Tues, had a good time, we did not get in money. (So Close)

8. AZSKY

AZSKY Member

So ten days later I get a chance to return to normalcy and catching up on email and this Forum. Been a long time since last login. Dusted off my important papers to locate my password. Thanks to everyone participating on this thread for the support and congrats. Yes, some know me from AZ some from AR. I did move to AR a few years back but AZSKY is one and the same. Hope to see you folks at another final table soon but the real joy is just seeing my friends at the events. Of course I had luck, I believe it was just my time to win. There was a bit of drama during the discussion of Chop or not to Chop, you can ask me the next time we meet....sky

9. AZSKY

AZSKY Member

Yes, this is sky...thanks Doc.

Doc likes this.
  10. AZSKY

AZSKY Member

Thanks Noman, without the Run, hope to see you at another event.

11. AZSKY

AZSKY Member

Billy... Thanks....

12. AZSKY

AZSKY Member

Was a nice win. Was good seeing you at the HR. Thanks for all you do for promoting events on this site

13. AZSKY

AZSKY Member

Thanks my good friend johnr, the streak ended {ahhh suspended sounds better} at Ceasars and we did have a good time.

johnr likes this.
  14. jamesmcnulty

jamesmcnulty Member

Nice win, Sky. So did you guys chop or not?

johnr likes this.
  15. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Yes, I'm curious to know that, too. I have only played in one GN tournament myself, but I know that "chops" are much more the rule than the exception because the purse is so top heavy.
    Something tells me that Sky may have more than a simple yes or no answer to your question.

Billy C

johnr likes this.
  16. AZSKY

AZSKY Member

Thanks Jim. The vote to "Chop" vs. "Play" discussion at the final table before the actual vote, reminded me of the old Wild Wild West type feel only Vegas seemingly capable of providing. What they say about.... What happens in Vegas....Stays in Vegas...well got to respect the other players privacy preferences. Except however, I had a front row seat and can't wait to tell you about it in person at the next event we're both attending. In the mean time....good cards.

johnr likes this.
  17. AZSKY

AZSKY Member

Billy, you are so right about the chop or play question requiring more than a simple yes or no... as I described in Jim's recent post. Apparently this particular final table had four thinking chop. I'll tell you about it when we see each other again.

johnr likes this.
  18. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Okay. Thanks, Sky.
    See you down the road.

Billy C

johnr likes this.
  19. noman

noman Top Member

So, AZSKY. How about what you can openly talk about. How did you play Mulligans? Did you buy one each round, including final? Do you know if substitute players were bought in? At what level?
    Any quirks to Golden Nugget play or rules? And I forgot. Could you use Mulligan against any of your first two cards. It seems I always used it on a hit card and have that ingrained. Buy in and rebuy and super rebuy at $500? Mulligan $100? Did you get room comped?

With other tourneys drying up and I'm guessing soon to loose Caesar's invites, I'd consider trying Golden Nugget again. They have them about once every month and a half. Crazy as it may seem, I can get to Vegas easier than the Gulf. And, I don't have any established play at Gulf Props, unless I pad MGM play while in Vegas at a Caesar's. And to keep Caesar's level and gain level at MGM is just a budget buster.

gronbog and johnr like this.
  20. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

It's too bad AZSKY never replied back. I would've also liked to have known the details of his tournament!