Tournament listing error

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Cadillac Tim, May 19, 2016.

1. Cadillac Tim

Cadillac Tim Active Member

I posted a concern with the tournament listings the other day. I found the error is happening when you uncheck the first box (daily) for type of tournament. If you do this, it removes all of the high dollar tourneys. If you leave that box checked, the high dollar tourneys show back up.

2. Cadillac Tim

I was wrong above when I said daily's unchecked erased high dollar events. If you leave (single) events unchecked, the high dollar tourneys are removed. Until this is corrected, I'll just leave single checked, there aren't many of those anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

That is because there are no daily, weekly, or monthly major events.
    Unchecking the "single" box means that you do not want to see one-time-only events, which all major events are.
    No correction is needed. It's working exactly as it should.

4. Cadillac Tim

Ken,

I swore I've always unchecked it, but apparently not. I'll leave it checked. Thank-you

5. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Maybe the word 'single' is a bit confusing, as some of the events do seem to be repeating, just not on a daily, weekly or monthly schedule.

Perhaps it ought to be called 'other', and listed last instead of first.

6. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

How about "Specific Dates", or "On Specific Dates", and move it to the bottom. Opinions?

7. Dakota

Dakota Top Member

I say just leave it as is. Even many "single", yet repeating, events have different prize schedules and different re-buy &/or wild card structures. And, even if exactly the same, we all know that "single" really means (1) not daily, weekly or monthly, (2) generally major and (3) generally invitational.