What happened to the World Series of Blackjack and the Ultimate Blackjack Tour?!

Discussion in 'World Series of Blackjack' started by aalmi002, Dec 26, 2010.

1. aalmi002

aalmi002 New Member

Hello, everyone. I just started playing blackjack several months ago. I found out that there used to a World Series of Blackjack as well as the Ultimate Blackjack Tour shows that used to air for several years. I've tried to find information on both of these tournaments and can't find anything. What happened to both of them? Were they canceled? It would be a huge shame if they were canceled since I had a lot of fun watching the final table of one of the seasons of the WSOB. I would greatly appreciate an update of both of those tournaments and whether they will continue. It just sucks that pokers gets all of the attention while blackjack fans get left out in the cold!

2. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Also what happened to Texas Tournaments tourneys?

3. Excaliber

Excaliber New Member

I agree. Am looking for free tourney action, especially in Pa.

4. Phil Dunaway

Phil Dunaway Member

Wsobj

The WSOBJ was canceled after season IV,the UB was canceled after 1 season.

5. zweeky

zweeky Member

6. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

$$$ Money $$$

GSN's World Series of Blackjack was successful, but once they started the Poker cash game show and they saw how much more money they could generate the Blackjack was doomed. Then when GSN got new ownership that was the end as they wanted to go in a different direction.
    For the four years GSN ran the WSOB was great for all of us blackjack players. The last two years GSN offered open qualifiers for the show which had jumped up to $500,000 for 1st place from the original $100,000 for season one and $250,000 for season two.

fly boy likes this.