World Blackjack Tour

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sidekick, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Ok.

What is the deal with this possible Tour?

sidekick

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Build it and they will play!

It is a blackjack tour started by GSN. It was suppose to start after the first WSOB, but never got off the drawing board.

After sitting for several years it sounds like GSN is shaking of the moth balls and going to give WBT a try or that is the current rumor going around.

3. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Stinkin Rumors

I don' need no stinkin rumors

4. Agent0042

Agent0042 New Member

Okay, I've been seeing ads for this on GSN the past few nights. Looks like it premieres on Monday, September 4 in the World Series of Blackjack slot. Anyone have any details about this?

5. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Players from different countries

They filmed this the same week as the WSOB at the Las Vegas Hilton. GSN had players from different countries play a one table tournament, I believe 1st prize is for $10,000 (don't hold me to that).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  6. Phil Dunaway

Phil Dunaway Member

Wbjt

TX you are absolutely correct.1st place is 10K for this particular event.This was a one-time deal.I was there for the taping.Rather interesting show.

7. Agent0042

Agent0042 New Member

Interesting, thanks. I'm gonna go ahead and Google it and see if I can get some details about it. I imagine there's probably a press release... Hrm --- http://www.gsn.com/corporate/press.php?release_id=13 --- this here announces it, but it also announces Celebrity Blackjack, which has been around for a good while now. Anyway, according to TV Guide, this airs on September 4 at 10 P.M. and also has the same repeat slots as World Series of Blackjack --- Wednesday at 2 A.M. and Sunday at 10 P.M. Looks like repeats of World Series of Blackjack resume on the 11th. I think I might add this as a special episode at the TV.com WSoBJ guide. TV.com's been rather slow at adding new shows lately and with only one episode, it might not really qualify for a separate guide.