The following situation came up in my most recent tournament:
Last hand. One will advance to finals. Min bet 10, max bet 2,000 in increments of 5. No surrender, insurance, or even money allowed. Blackjacks pay 2:1. This is a face down pitch game.
BR2 has been measuring his bets and keeping a watchful eye on the chip stacks.
BR3 is first to act.
BR3...…………... stack 6,175 bet 2,000
Monkeysystem stack 8,205 bet ?
Thinking BR2 stack 7,400
BR4...…………... stack 6,000
As I saw it I had two choices for my bet.
Choice #1. Bet 800. This forces BR2 to bet the max and win his bet. However, I will not be able to cover the double downs by BR3 and BR4.
Choice #2. Bet 2,000. BR2 can respond by betting 1,190 to take the low on me. However, he will not be able to double down aggressively to retake the high if I tuck my hand. My bet covers the double downs by BR3 and BR4.
This seems to me to be a pretty close decision. If it weren't for the double down threat from BR3 and BR4, this would be an easy decision to bet 800. If BR3 and/or BR4 were within a max bet I would probably have to bet 2,000.
Can anybody generate some numbers to analyze this situation?
Would my decision change if BR4 didn't exist?
What if we add a BR5 with a stack of 5,995?
Last hand. One will advance to finals. Min bet 10, max bet 2,000 in increments of 5. No surrender, insurance, or even money allowed. Blackjacks pay 2:1. This is a face down pitch game.
BR2 has been measuring his bets and keeping a watchful eye on the chip stacks.
BR3 is first to act.
BR3...…………... stack 6,175 bet 2,000
Monkeysystem stack 8,205 bet ?
Thinking BR2 stack 7,400
BR4...…………... stack 6,000
As I saw it I had two choices for my bet.
Choice #1. Bet 800. This forces BR2 to bet the max and win his bet. However, I will not be able to cover the double downs by BR3 and BR4.
Choice #2. Bet 2,000. BR2 can respond by betting 1,190 to take the low on me. However, he will not be able to double down aggressively to retake the high if I tuck my hand. My bet covers the double downs by BR3 and BR4.
This seems to me to be a pretty close decision. If it weren't for the double down threat from BR3 and BR4, this would be an easy decision to bet 800. If BR3 and/or BR4 were within a max bet I would probably have to bet 2,000.
Can anybody generate some numbers to analyze this situation?
Would my decision change if BR4 didn't exist?
What if we add a BR5 with a stack of 5,995?