Golden Dragon Master Baccarat Tournament - Venetian - Las Vegas, NV

Discussion in 'Baccarat Events' started by gronbog, Oct 8, 2013.

1. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

2. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Interesting. Turns out that I will be in Vegas this week and staying nearby. Have they had this kind of event before? If so, does anyone know what a reasonable bankroll goal for finishing in the money on a given day might be? Assuming that the typical bet-max-until-goal-is-achieved strategy applies, would it be reasonable to bet on the tie from the start, or should it be left as a Hail Mary when time is running out?

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I found this event online and posted it, but have no further information. It sounded like an accumulation event, especially with the unlimited entries allowed.

If you're in the neighborhood, I would head over and see if a leaderboard is posted and you can make a decision based on that.
    If there is not a leaderboard, I would be very reluctant to participate because you'll probably be at a significant handicap to the other players some of whom will be sharing information.

As for the tie bet, most baccarat events that I have participated in have limited the maximum tie bet to a much smaller amount than the other bets.
    Generally, the max payout on the tie is similar to the max payout on a normal bet, so the normal bets are superior for building bankroll.

I'd like to hear what you find.

4. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

So I went by there yesterday. It is an accumulation event. 10 hands, 50k bankroll, 50k max, 1k min. The daily session had not started yet and no one seemed to know the limits for the tie bet.

The scores for the previous 5 days were posted and to get into the money, you had to reach 350k. To advance, 450k would be a decent goal. Prizes for the top 8 daily were 10k, 7.5k, 3.75k, 3.75k, 1.5k, 1.5kn 1k and 1k (30k total). For a $50 buyin/rebuy, the value seems questionable.

Things get worse for the Ruby sessions with a $250 buy in and a $75k prize pool.

5. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

Well did you give it a try or see any of the results?

6. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Well, the results for the first 5 days were as I posted earlier. I already had a feeling that the value of this event was not good and Ken's analysis convinced me, so I didn't enter.

7. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

Since this thread is really a discussion of baccarat tournament strategy, I think at least parts of it should be moved to that forum. If I were searching for some kind of accumulation strategy for baccarat that is where I would look vrs event.

KenSmith likes this.
  8. KenSmith

I will split the thread when I get back on a PC soon.

9. KenSmith