How to Post a Message

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KenSmith, Oct 3, 2013.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

If you're new to BJT, here's a quick guide on how to participate in the message forums.

First, you'll need to create an account (or login if you already have one).
    If you are not currently logged in, look for the 'Log In or Sign Up' message at the top of the screen.

upload_2013-10-3_11-10-26.png

2. KenSmith

Now you can fill in your login details. To create a new account with the desired username, just be sure to click the "No, create an account now" choice.

upload_2013-10-3_11-7-42.png

If you are creating an account, you'll go through a registration process where you can choose a password and other settings.

Note: When you are logging in as an existing user, I recommend clicking the "Stay logged in" checkbox as well so you don't have to login each time you visit.

3. KenSmith

Once you are logged in as a new user, a good place to post your first message might be the "Introduce Yourself" forum.
    From the home or main forum list, you'll find it here:

upload_2013-10-3_11-13-15.png

Click on the"Introduce Yourself" title of the forum to look at the threads (messages) in that forum.

But, since you're viewing this message, it looks like you've already found the Introduce Yourself forum!

4. KenSmith

Adding an additional message to an existing thread is easy.
    At the bottom of the message thread page, you'll see an edit box where you can "Write your reply...".

You can immediately compose your response in the editor (circled in red below), and then click "Post Reply".

If your comment is specifically a reply to a comment made in the thread, you may want to first click the "Reply" button on that particular post.
    That option is circled in blue below. This will copy that particular post into your reply as a "quote".

upload_2013-10-3_11-16-53.png

5. KenSmith

If you don't see a discussion about your desired topic already, you can start a new discussion, which is called a "thread".

First make sure you're in an appropriate forum. Here's an example from inside the Blackjack Tournament Strategy forum:

upload_2013-10-3_11-22-34.png

Click the "Post New Thread" button, and you'll get a screen where you can create your message.
    Start by giving your new thread a clear and descriptive title.
    For example, a title of "How should I use a secret bet?" is better than "Need help!".

upload_2013-10-3_11-29-38.png

Type your message and click "Create Thread". That's it!
    If you have any questions, feel free to contact me using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom right of the page.

7. HEY,weres the games.JLBUISSNESS

8. johnr

johnr Top Member

How do you post a new tournament at the event calendar? Also the event calendar has a lot of events that are not happening. I was trying to post the June 12 $75000 at Westgate Las Vegas.

9. KenSmith

johnr likes this.
  10. johnr

johnr Top Member

Thank You Ken.

11. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Is this an invitational, John? I checked the event calendar and didn't see anything posted.

Billy C

12. johnr

johnr Top Member

It is invitation I have never been there, my host got me hooked up. I tried to post on event calendar but no success even with the link Ken sent.