Joe Pane publishing some UBT videos to YouTube

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Apr 23, 2020.

1. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

How big was the prize fund of St. Kitts?

2. Joep

Joep Active Member

I don’t recall exactly but I’m sure Ken Smith would remember what it’s was and how much he won. I believe John Ressman an excellent tournament player who has since left us won that event

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I don’t remember either. It was probably $50k at the final table.

For me it’s noteworthy because both me and my wife made the final table. I don’t recall how we finished or what we won. But I’d love to see the footage. I think Joe is right and the great John Ressman won that table. RIP.

You might need to shield your eyes though. I think I was wearing a bright “batik” St Kitts shirt. Funny I can remember that but not what we won!

Joep likes this.
  4. Joep

Joep Active Member

That shirt still burns my eyes Ken

KenSmith likes this.
  5. Joep

Joep Active Member

I was in the production booth and I remember the camera guys asking what kind of filter do we need when we pan over to Ken’s spot

LeftNut and KenSmith like this.
  6. Dakota

Dakota Top Member

Yes, for each 2007-2008 UBT final table the prize fund was $100k with $50k first prize. Tournament entry fee was a whopping $2500, but after the first (Aruba) I won future entry fees by winning Sit-&-Go side tournaments. The poker players were there for television audience recognition (many of their entry fees were subsidized) plus the fact that the organizer, Russ Hamilton, was a poker player and had won the 1994 WSOP championship.

Here is an excellent link to all things UBT (if it doesn't connect, just type in the address). Lists all UBT final table participants and winners plus much more. This plus additional links are available online (e.g. Bing, etc.) under Ultimate Blackjack Tour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Blackjack_Tour

Joe, it's too bad our quarter-final table at St. Kitts wasn't filmed!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    LeftNut, KenSmith and Joep like this.
  7. Joep

Joep Active Member

johnr likes this.
  8. Joep

Joep Active Member

If I remember correctly it was a good match you were on my left UGH

johnr likes this.
  9. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Good to see you posting here again, Joe. Been a long time since I've seen you but your buddy km keeps me informed about you.

Billy C

P. S. Regarding John Ressman. I bet both you and Ken remember one of the Stardust tournaments that he won (seems like he won more than once) when he had a big sticker on his forehead that said "out of order". Needless to say, those of us that new John, also knew that nothing was out of order.

10. Joep

Joep Active Member

Yes it has been a long time and it’s good hearing from you and a lot of others over the last few days. I have someone working on dividing the shows in 2 parts so that the entire episode can be seen in it’s entirety

johnr, Dakota, KenSmith and 1 other person like this.
  11. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Great, I'm looking forward to watching those.

Billy C

KenSmith, Joep and johnr like this.
  12. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

george likes this.