Sault Call Out

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by creeping panther, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

It Can Be Done

\

If I barely survived a 34-hour round trip with the Nut, you can barely survive 12! :celebrate

2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

3. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

I will be there. It will be great to meet you all for the first time.

4. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

I talked to Ina this morning and the tourney is sold out with 140 players. She has started a waiting list and if there are enough players to fill another table she will add more. Can't wait for the party to begin! :celebrate

5. creeping panther

creeping panther Banned User

Doctor

Do we have a Gastroenterologist on the site,,,it sounds as if Lefty needs one???:yikes::bomb:

CP

6. creeping panther

Gronbog

Make yourself known at the Banquet Friday from 5 to 7 so you can attend the private site function.:)

Introduce yourself to Joseph, the gentleman in the wheelchair, he will get you acquainted with everyone as will Schultzy, the Big Dude with Joseph.:cool:

CP

7. creeping panther

Schultzy

Sounds far out man!!:D

CP

8. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Party foul

party foul!

9. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I have been accused of many things on this site over the past 3 years, but geez................. :yikes:

10. DRSLYR

DRSLYR Member

I will survive the trip if I do as the beagle does in lefty's pic. Hopefully i will catch a cold before we leave and he will have no effect on me. :gun:

11. OhioTR

OhioTR New Member

We're there...and excited to meet everyone too...!!!

12. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

My wife is considering coming along (she plays black jack, but not tournaments) and is wondering if any other spouses will be coming. She's concerned about ending up in a room full of tournament geeks with no one to talk to, or should I say, no one to laugh at us geeks with. :rolleyes:

13. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

I'm sure she'll feel welcomed by the players and wives (and/or significant others that will be there). They are a quite friendly group!!!!!

Billy C

14. OhioTR

OhioTR New Member

Geeks!!?? :yikes: I didnt know there was going to be geeks there.. :D

15. MrPill

MrPill Active Member

My wife will be there (as will my friend's wife). She (they) like playing Blackjack, enjoy the tournies but does not "geek" out over them. She will be more than welcome in the group.

Pill

16. creeping panther

gron

Lotsa wifes there, she will have a nice time!:cool:

Mackinaw room after the Banquet Friday for the sites members only get together, coffee will be served and great conversation.:)

CP

17. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I still remember my first "live" BJT. Was afraid I'd see a lot of pocket protectors, slide rules, and tinfoil hats but they turned out to mostly be just a bunch of regular folks. She'll be fine!

18. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Sounds like I'll be the only geek there then :eek:

19. Jonny21

Jonny21 Active Member

Sounds like a blast

I will be getting there about 5 or 6:00 on Friday. Driving up thru the mitten, as there is so much construction in Southern Wisconsin. See you all soon...

20. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Final Table

Congrats to both LeftNut and Billy C for making the final table at the Soo. Unfortunately for our friends it wasn't meant to be as Billy C finished 6th and LeftNut 7th. Great tourney, very well run. Good to see so many blackjack brothers at this event. Next one is in August at St. Ignace.