Sault Call Out

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by creeping panther, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Yippieee!!!

Nice work guys!

Format is huge in blackjack tourneys.

This is good:

- 42 hands in a round, except 21 hands in rebuys.
    - Six decks, face up format including double down card.
    - No more power chip.
    - Max bet is 1/4 of starting bankroll, except it's 1/2 in rebuys.
    - Min bet is 1/40 of starting bankroll, except it's 1/20 in rebuys.
    -Three from seven advance in preliminaries.
    - Two from six advance in rebuys.
    -Two from five advance in quarterfinals.

The only downers:
    - 2:1 BJ's.
    - No insurance. Insurance is replaced by early surrender against aces.
    - No surrender, except for the aforementioned early surrender against aces.
    - One from six advance in semifinals.
    - Top two non-winners in rebuys advance to quarterfinals (accumulation.)
    - Top two non-winners in semifinals advance to finals (accumulation.) The two that advanced this way came from the same table, as is usual in accumulations.

Almost every BJT'er that was there advanced from the preliminaries without a rebuy, and virtually all eventually advanced to the quarterfinals. As mentioned already, two of our group made it to the finals.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Great to put some faces to the names here and to make some new friends. Congrats Leftnut and Billy C. Both used their skillz more than once to make the difference between advancing and not.

My wife also enjoyed meeting everyone and is now considering playing at St Ignace.

3. DRSLYR

DRSLYR Member

soo

I would like to congratulate Billy C. And Leftnut for a job well done! They played awesome rounds! Unfortunately for them the cards went cold in the final round . And as for the rest of the group, it was a job well done too. Almost all of us made it through the first round without having to re-buy. That saved us all some change. All in all I think everyone had a real good time. One thing for sure was that we had an awesome time at the blackjack tables after the tourney was all over!
    :celebrate

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  4. creeping panther

creeping panther Banned User

Drslyr

All in all it was a great venue,,,great BJ and great VP,,,heard Lefty hit 6,,, 4 of a kinds on the full pay pickem!!!:cool::cool::cool:

CP

5. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

It truly was a fun weekend, and I enjoyed meeting new BJT friends. Gronbog & OhioTR and their ladies, plus Panther's friend Machinist and some others at his get-together on the night before the BJT began. All friendly and excellent folks. Seeing the Usual Suspects is always fun - Monkey, Schultzy and his buddy Joseph, Jonny21, Mr. and Mrs. Pill, DRSLYR, and I know that I'm probably forgetting someone.

It was fun to play against BillyC at the final table, my first in a ridiculously long stretch of insanely bad luck. Neither of us could get a decent break during that round while the cards kept falling for our opponents but that does happen sometimes in our crazy game.

As DRSLYR mentioned, we had a blast Sunday evening tearing up a $3 BJ table with many of our good BJT friends. We put a serious dent in their beer supply and all had more fun than should be legal even though I was Mr. 22 for a good portion of the night. :laugh:
    Rumors are a dangerous thing and this is no exception. I did not hit six 4OAK's on the PickEm video poker.

Only five. :D

On another note, I'd like some feedback on whether folks here would be interested in seeng another of my "Cheers and Jeers" reviews on this BJT since it's the first one at this venue. Those are a bit of a pain to write up but I'd do that if folks would be interested and/or think it'd help them decide whether to attend the next BJT they're planning (sometime next year).

6. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Love the Cheers and Jeers!

7. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Sure!!!!!

Yes, please do it. Sooner the better!!!!!

Billy C

8. noman

noman Top Member

Cheers & Jeers

Do it. Somehow the way u do it, avoids the criticism Toolman gets.

No one should be afeerd of postin, regardless. or unregardless. Or gaurded. Or ungaurded. Or IS THAT GOURDED AND UNGOURDED. Or for S***s and giggles. Peace be with U

9. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

OK, I'll get to it, been gone for quite awhile at the LV Hilton BJT but should have time to work on it this weekend.